Strava's 'My year in sport' video is out...

...and it's much better this year!

Not as great as yours Nick

https://2018.strava.com/en-gb/video/d07d4d0df837fc82034fa0d9a45f2d7d984b904c

Not as great as yours but still double of what I had the year before so I'm chuffed.
    https://2018.strava.com/en-gb/video/...f24d843892eacf

As much as I prefer the way the data is presented this year compared to the last couple of years, Strava still seem unable to stop private activities from being included.

As a result, my total distance for the year is way off...again! It would be the same for anyone who uses multiple devices to record the same activities as a backup or for comparison of data, and only make one activity public.

You would think it would be very easy for them to add a variable to include only activities made public when the video data is collected.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1020 View Post
    As much as I prefer the way the data is presented this year compared to the last couple of years, Strava still seem unable to stop private activities from being included.

As a result, my total distance for the year is way off...again! It would be the same for anyone who uses multiple devices to record the same activities as a backup or for comparison of data, and only make one activity public.

You would think it would be very easy for them to add a variable to include only activities made public when the video data is collected.
    Whether I have decided to mark an activity a public or private (for whatever reason)one, I have actually ridden it and therefore in my opinion it should be included in the total.

I personally have never recorded the same activity using multiple devices. I guess if you have done so, once you've done your analysis and compared the two recordings, you could delete one of them to reflect the true distance covered.

On a different note, if you haven't done so, have a look at some interesting generic stats:
    https://2018.strava.com/en-gb

Looks like everyone should be doing FTP tests on Tuesdays.

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Nick, messing about in the bedroom has never been a Private Strava thing.

You would think that they could separate it and do just the activities for Cycling and then another one for walking etc.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Doesn't show cups

Quote Originally Posted by portia View Post
    I personally have never recorded the same activity using multiple devices. I guess if you have done so, once you've done your analysis and compared the two recordings, you could delete one of them to reflect the true distance covered.
    There's a bloke on Bikeradar(keeps getting banned and re-registering so I don't know his current moniker)who recorded huge miles on Strava.It wasn't until someone pointed out that he had two,sometimes three devices on his bike that it all came out.He was recording rides on at least three devices at any one time but leaving all uploads on his feed so it looked like he was doing three/four times his actual mileage
    Seems strange to do this as you're only really fooling yourself
    I also know someone who's designed an App to work with Strava that includes Digital EPO so you can "boost" your ride stats...again I don't know why you'd want to

Haven't bothered checking my Vid as I know I'm way down on where I wanted to be but circumstances dictated this and I'm happy that they did.