Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roadies=Wimps??

No it was the straps on my back that I found comfortable since you ask, getting sweaty and the straps rubbed. Cheapo mesh bases from Decathlon just the job.
    Last edited by Muffin; 1 Week Ago at 12:31 PM.
    All the gear and no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by coolboarder View Post
    I have to say that I would rather wear a vest, shirt and jumper indoors if it means keeping it a bit cooler and saving money but sometimes its brassic.
    As my Grandad used to say - "If you're cold put your jumper on - you've already paid for that".

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    I’m to be seen year round rocking my boxers and nothing else in my manor. Ultra modern build, the house is warm with only 2h of heating a day.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

The problem I have with my lad is getting him to wear enough clothes for cycling. Throughout the winter, whether it's training, a cross race or a club run he will invariably appear in shorts, a base layer and a SS top and need to be told to go and put more layers on.

All the kids do cross races in shorts.

I think the future of roadies is in good hands

Quote Originally Posted by graywoodhouse View Post
    All the kids do cross races in shorts.
    I think the future of roadies is in good hands
    We were at the last Yorkshire points race in Todmorden Sunday.Grim,wet,misty morningI made the lad wear longs and his LS Jersey but he wouldn't wear his Waterproof for the race It was a tough,hilly course and every rider in the Youth Cat and above wore shorts!Everyone got soaked but they just get on with it.
    I forgot what a bugger Todmorden is to get to as well.

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    I’m to be seen year round rocking my boxers and nothing else in my manor. Ultra modern build, the house is warm with only 2h of heating a day.
    Come and try living in my 185 year old cottage then matey - there are drafts coming through the walls and doors all the time despite spending loads on gap filler and insulation and external render.

Oh the joys of living in the country.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

The main issue I find in not being properly dressed for exercise in the cold is that its fine when you are working hard buzzing along at speed, but if you stop, either voluntarily or due to a mechanical problem or puncture then you can get very, very cold.

Also true for the yoof when they've done their races. Standing about in the cold in wet light clothing, not a good thing.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

This is all my son insists he needs after a cold wet ride

I,however,insist he takes a change of clothes and socks so the inside of my car doesn't get wet and muddy

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    The main issue I find in not being properly dressed for exercise in the cold is that its fine when you are working hard buzzing along at speed, but if you stop, either voluntarily or due to a mechanical problem or puncture then you can get very, very cold.

Also true for the yoof when they've done their races. Standing about in the cold in wet light clothing, not a good thing.
    Aye agree to that..... when I was based in northern Germany - driving the motorbike back in freezing Feb - even with leathers and thermal underwear on - it was fine whilst motoring along, but when you had to stop at the border - teeth started to chatter and involuntary shivering throughout. Used to sit on the ferry in the toilets underneath the hand dryer for 30 mins to try to warm up.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Can’t be dealing with either of those anecdotes, Vladders. Once I had central heating and double glazing there was no going back. Same applies to modern insulation and heated towel rails now! Ha ha
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."