Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eliot coolican View Post
    That's what I said. I run 28mm on my cloddy at 110psi which is as good as it gets.
    You're getting the wrong end of the stick there eliot - lower pressure = lower rolling resistance and the whole point of a bigger tyre is you can reduce pressure without increased risk of pinch flats. I can run 23mm tyres at 70-80 psi with no problems so there is little need to go wider, but having said that I now run 25 mm as standard at 60 psi.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    I've got 28 mm Michelin power endurance on my Domane and they are at 85psi - run fine and fast for me at 92kg.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Quote Originally Posted by coolboarder View Post
    You're getting the wrong end of the stick there eliot - lower pressure = lower rolling resistance and the whole point of a bigger tyre is you can reduce pressure without increased risk of pinch flats. I can run 23mm tyres at 70-80 psi with no problems so there is little need to go wider, but having said that I now run 25 mm as standard at 60 psi.
    As I've said before Coolio, your far too light to give accurate reviews on things like tire psi readings and tire reviews for me. Bradder's ran 220 psi when he broke the hour record, I know my cloddy runs sludgy below 110 psi. Same for you Vladers, I might as well walk at 85 psi.

I'm 105 Kg and run about 85-90 on 25s. Run lovely!!

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Bradders was on a a bowling lane smooth track though!

Just gave the hack its midwinter going over, turns out I was being unfair to the Gaters... when I put the front tyre on I used a previously punctured tube with a sticky tab fix. Shame on me for not noticing as I mounted the tyre.

Gonna trial 65/75 tomorrow.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Quote Originally Posted by eliot coolican View Post
    As I've said before Coolio, your far too light to give accurate reviews on things like tire psi readings and tire reviews for me. Bradder's ran 220 psi when he broke the hour record, I know my cloddy runs sludgy below 110 psi. Same for you Vladers, I might as well walk at 85 psi.
    He held 440 watts for an hour averaging 34mph.. insane.

Had Schwable er, top racing clincher tires a few years back at 130 psi. A bit bouncy on cracked roads but I've never gone faster on the smooth. Took 'em to the 'nees too.

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Hmmmmmmmmm
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

It was Mmmmm, and I'll get the One's I think their called, in the spring, with a few new tubes in me ruck sack fo sure. They said 130 on the sidewalls, so 130 they got. No blow outs, which is why they are my preferred manu.

110 psi may feel faster, but get 'em on anything but really smooth stuff and they'll be slower. It's the physics of rolling resistance.