Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does this happen to you??

Maybe I'm getting on a bit....but about 5 months ago I was doing a climb and as I went past a ride buddy he decided to race...to which I happily agreed..lol
    anyway I left him for dust ( sorry) but decided to try and get a PR on strava so I kept the pace till I reached the top....where I then had to wait for the others
    anyway was going my absolute limit...my heart was banging...but I also felt like I was going to piss myself at the same time....I never needed to go 5 mins ago...by the time I slowed my HR down ...all was good

this now seems to happen every time I go to the limit....most recently on Sunday ...but this time when I reached the top I seem to struggle to breathe too...it's like my brain doesn't know what to do ...slow the HR, slow the breathing or stop me from pissing myself

i must note I haven't pissed myself yet....give it time..lol

Does this happen to you??
    It's happening to me now Boxie....I'm pissing myself laughing!

I sometimes have the conundrum of wanting a wee, yet also passing wind. But not on a bike..

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Boxxie and his Mrs going out....

This is a killer...….. He will never live this down.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

It could be worse... quite common to lose control after extreme physical efforts...have you seen the athletes at the London marathon?
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Boxhilljunkie View Post
    I left him for dust ( sorry) but decided to try and get a PR on strava so I kept the pace till I reached the top....where I then had to wait for the others
    Unfortunately, this never happens to me. Give it time, though

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Just you.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

This is a natural physiological reaction, your body needs to divert blood to vital organs to survive and part of the reaction, like fight or flight, is to void unnecessary diversions and weight so you are likely to piss and shit yourself and vomit as well.

I find that the urge to pee comes on very quickly. If I know I can't stop it it goes away but if I know there is somewhere to stop discreetly in a short distance I'm almost pissing myself by the time I do stop (I have favoured spots on my regular routes). And before anyone says anything its not my age/prostate that is fine and I've been like if for 20 years.

Whether it was the efforts or not I recall a race where I felt I needed a pee and I kept saying to myself I'd stop on the next lap but kept going then at the finish I was involved in a huge crash as we sprinted for the line and removed large amounts of skin from my body. I forgot all about needing to pee until I got home a couple of hours later (and no I didn't piss myself when I crashed)!
    Last edited by coolboarder; 9th January 2019 at 7:19 PM.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Thanks CB I'm glad it's not just me....is there not something that can be done about ?.....it's a really horrible feeling.......I'm even more glad it's not prostate as I really didn't fancy a 'Probe'

ive heard they can turn you into a Vampire if you enjoy it

Perhaps try improving your pelvic floor muscles Boxie