Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6 Nations.

Come on England!!!!

Beating Ireland, who I think are the best team in the world right now in Ireland would be a hell of a statement to make.

Not sure we have the team to do it. On paper, they look a better team and in reality, they're a better team

Ireland XV:
    Healy
    Best (capt)
    Furlong
    Toner
    Ryan
    O'Mahony
    van der Flier
    Stander
    Murray
    Sexton
    Stockdale
    Aki
    Ringrose
    Earls
    Henshaw

England XV:
    M Vunipola
    George
    Sinckler
    Itoje
    Kruis
    Wilson
    T Curry
    B Vunipola
    Youngs
    Farrell
    Nowell
    Tuilagi
    Slade
    May
    Daly

I'd probably pick May over Earls though. Probably have Tuilagi at his best over Aki, but haven't seen much of Tuilagi lately. Same for Billy at his best over Stander, but Billy is just back from another injury lay off. They have the best half back pairing in the world right now. Murray is probably the best 9 in the world and Sexton is up there with Barrett for the best 10.

Nice bit of hyperbole here:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47076985

As I've said before, Farrell isn't a bad player, but he just isn't in Sexton's league. Look at how Sexton gets that Irish backline playing. He pulls the strings, has vision, can pass of both hands and good kicking from hand and tee. Then look at the difference with England with Farrell at 10. Granted he does some good things from time to time. Neat kicks through which are finished off with tries and he does play a hand in other good passages of play, but it's not consistent or accurate enough imo.

Interesting reading the comments too.

Love to see Farrell have a storming game today though!!!! Only question remains is do I try watching on the turbo, or enjoy it with a beer?

Wales so lucky last night, France literally threw it away. The two North trys were gifted, first by Huget not grounding ball over line and the utter madness of looping pass for the second one by the 2nd row.

As for Eng game, well I so hope they win but Ireland strong favourites especially over there. I'll be watching 1st half in work then listening to 2nd half in car on way home! Not a hope on turbo as you wouldn't do justice to either activity.
    All the gear and no idea.

Last nights game had my on the verge of going on Zwift instead of watching it. Was livid with some of the sheer stupidity of the players and the decisions they were making.

I honestly felt like we didn't deserve to win it and how in the blue hell North got MOM is a mystery akin to has anyone ever told the Backstreet Boys "Why?"

Tips or Navidi were way more deserving of MOM. 2 very lucky tries and Cuthbert levels of defending. Any competent team (Ireland/England and any SH team) will rightly target him in attack and run right through/over him. Needs to stop being afraid of getting hurt and do the basics right when tackling. Easier said than done I acknowledge, but he's the weak link in our defence now and he will at some point get exposed as such.

Looking forward to todays games, can see Italy causing an upset by a small margin and Ireland putting a serious score on England.

Quote Originally Posted by skwarczek View Post
    Last nights game had my on the verge of going on Zwift instead of watching it. Was livid with some of the sheer stupidity of the players and the decisions they were making.

I honestly felt like we didn't deserve to win it and how in the blue hell North got MOM is a mystery akin to has anyone ever told the Backstreet Boys "Why?"

Tips or Navidi were way more deserving of MOM. 2 very lucky tries and Cuthbert levels of defending. Any competent team (Ireland/England and any SH team) will rightly target him in attack and run right through/over him. Needs to stop being afraid of getting hurt and do the basics right when tackling. Easier said than done I acknowledge, but he's the weak link in our defence now and he will at some point get exposed as such.

Looking forward to todays games, can see Italy causing an upset by a small margin and Ireland putting a serious score on England.
    There is a real danger of Ireland dry humping England later. If Ireland hit their straps and catch England napping, it could get very messy. We haven't picked a bad team, but Tuilagi and Billy V probably won't be test match fit. If our backrow can be competitive and our front 5 do a proper job, we could make a match of it...but it's just one of those ones where I can still imagine Ireland walking away with it.

I didn't watch the match last night, but caught the highlights. What a shocker from France, but that's what they do from time to time...bet they sort their shit out by next week though Credit to Wales though. Didn't play that well, but got the perfect start.

Typical media/commentators obsession with try scorers and motm. I've lost count of the number of times Farrell (or a 10 in general) has been awarded motm because they kicked some goals. Completely ignoring the work the forwards have done to win the penalties and take control of the game. If someone scores a hat-trick, they're usually nailed on to win motm, regardless if they were just run ins.

Absolutely no way will Ireland be "dry humping" as you say Eng. Ireland may well win but it will be hard fought. Billy V and Tuilagi may not to 100% but should be good for 50-60 minutes and can cause havok in that time. The real danger is if someone gets carded, then the flood gates could open.
    It will be a ferocious gam I reckon and maybe one score in it either way - but we'll know for sure later!
    Last edited by Muffin; 2 Weeks Ago at 2:28 PM.

Spoilers/match comments allowed during the match?

Well, I certainly didn't expect that from England. Fair play, they shit Ireland down and bossed the areas that mattered.

The Tom Curry yellow was pathetic and barely a penalty. Other than that, 2 weeks today is going to be an interesting match.

Well there was some humping going on but England were the givers not receivers. Awesome game and thoroughly deseved win. Agree on Curry yellow, dubious penalty at most.

they shit Ireland down.
    Can't argue with that��

Well, I certainly didn't expect that from England. Fair play, they shit Ireland down and bossed the areas that mattered.

The Tom Curry yellow was pathetic and barely a penalty. Other than that, 2 weeks today is going to be an interesting match.
    What a performance. Ireland weren't at their best, but England had a huge say in that. Even though, Ireland made quite a few uncharacteristic mistakes and lacked their usual accuracy and power. It was a proper test match though.

It's 3 weeks till the Cardiff rendezvous as there's a rest week after round 2. Looking forward to it though!

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    Well there was some humping going on but England were the givers not receivers. Awesome game and thoroughly deseved win. Agree on Curry yellow, dubious penalty at most.
    The backrow was fantastic and a number of players had very good games, including Farrell, the younger. Surprised Robson didn't get on. Youngs did some good things, but he is just so slow at getting the ball out sometimes. His passing seemed to be a little better than normal though, so that's a plus.

Thought Garces may as well been wearing a green shirt for much of the match. By the time he 'favoured' us, we were out of sight.

Just need to follow this performance up with some consistency.

Had we played like that in the Autumn, I think we would've beaten NZ.