Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar

Sportful Fiandre NoRain Pro Bib Tights

Having been doing the winter commutes for a few years now and after the 'Beast from the East' last year, I figured I should spruce up my Winter clobber.

Got these on deals for just over a ton at the time.

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/sportful-fi...?sku=100718376

They've been good, they are a touch warmer than my Santini ones. They are more comfy too, the SMS ones have uncomfortable seams by the knees. The Sportful are apparently water resistant but not had too much experience in that department thus far.

What I will say though, they are super complicated compared to my old ones. What with lots of differing fabric types and thicknesses it means lots of seams and they also have a zip down by your ankles on each side. All this means weakness in those areas, I have to be really careful when pulling them on because if you're not careful you hear the seams/stitching ripping. So I am very careful putting these on and off, the zips need care too because it would be easy to kill the zip and then ruin the BIBs.

Said zips also catch your untrimmed winter legs, another reason to shave all year!

All things considered, these are really nice and comfy BIBs, match my jacket and have a reflective strip on the back. I like my Sportful, same company as Castelli but less Box Hill crew =)
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    These are good as well - if you can afford them...

https://www.swissiconic.com/men/knickers-tights/assos-ll-habu-tights-s7/
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

You and your Assos hahaha
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

I like the look of the Lusso stuff... british made, with Italian fabrics and a good price. Seem to do very well in mag tests. They do a nice looking water resistant thermal bibtight, think I might buy a set.
    https://lusso.bike/product/nitelife-...al-bib-tights/
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Nice touch with the hoops over the feet! Let us know how you get on and post a review!

Have a pair of Lusso shorts - bought about 9 years - one of my more comfortable pairs and no complaints about the quality.

I had some Sportful Fiandre NoRain tights and in a review made the comment they were called 'NoRain' because you shouldn't go out in them in the rain because they were useless. They were warm enough in dry weather but don't get them in expectation of keeping you dry. No tights are truly waterproof but I've found Castelli Nanoflex to be fairly reasonable at keeping light rain at bay for a while.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

Haha, I don’t buy any WR clothing because of the rain aspect. I don’t ride for pleasure in the rain. I don’t set off for work in the rain. So once and a while I do get caught out on the return leg, 30 odd mins in the rain. I take the hit, been soaked through in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp) View Post
    These are good as well - if you can afford them...

https://www.swissiconic.com/men/knickers-tights/assos-ll-habu-tights-s7/

So you've bought a pair and now you need to work an evening job to pay them off, haha.

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Nah - that was the Pension Lump Sum - cant pay the mortgage now as I have a wardrobe full of Assos, so have to do evening job.

Got a pair of Gore tights as well and DHB.

got 2 pairs of 3/4 tights as well.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!