Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar

Anyone hit up any car parks for snow fun then?

Bub had me up at 3am, then having seen the snow outside the house I thought it was probably best to leave for work super early and beat any traffic problems.

Took in a few local car parks for some slide action on the way.... my non car person colleagues thinks I am insane.

Anyone else making use of this bl00dy snow?
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Took the dog for a walk, he ran around like a loon!

But yes, happiness is a RWD car and a snowy car park!
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Thought I might ear from you! Sadly was in the FWD, but the handbrake came in useful. Bl00dy hate this time of year, I really do.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    We used to do it all the time on Nights in the pandas. Handbrake turns were fun, fun, fun.
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Actually tempted to go for an MTB ride on the Ridgeway, just because...
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

That is the last thing I was expecting from the long arm of the law, had been unsure whether to post about my snowy antics at 6am this morning! =)

Quote Originally Posted by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp) View Post
    We used to do it all the time on Nights in the pandas. Handbrake turns were fun, fun, fun.
    We're always moaning about the local Traffic Wardens in expensive motors....now it turns out they're Boy Racer Traffic Wardens in expensive motors

Hey.... we got to speed through towns LEGALLY.
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

When I watch 'Police Cops Road Interceptors Wars' I often think of you, Vlad. Tough tough job! Saw one ep where the traffic car was sat back on the slip-road and someone buzzed past too fast in lane 3 but whacked on the anchors immediately after checking their mirrors.

The bobbie said he would let them go as they had been observant enough to see the car in their mirrors so was obviously switched on. I like to think that wasn't just for the camera.... what stories have you got about letting people off or not as the case may be?

Depended on each case - as they were all seperate. Never worked morotways or Force Traffic as was a Local Bobby working the cars delaing with Domestics and Burglaries and shoptefts then stabbings and fights etc.

It all works from the old thing of - Hands up guv. If the incident merrited it - a warning would be given to the offenders - IF - they on being stopped/spoken to, Put their hands up, Soz Guv, being stupid and a twat, know I was speeding, no seatbelt etc and gave a good reason they got the warning and advice.

Other things never got advice/warning - such as....

1. Driving whilst on phone.
    2. Drink/drug driving.
    3. Parking on Zig Zags of crossings or even on the crossing its self.
    4. Kids not wearing seatbelts or not in kid seats, wrong seats etc.
    5. Speeding where they were totally taking the mick. ie WAY TOO FAST and dangerous.

Other offences were arrested for violent/theft etc - but also were allowed to walk if the incident was merited - ie small fight in Town where all parties drunk and no major injuries - sent home to bed - most went - those that did not - spent the night with us and possibly a trip to Court.

In my opinion, I liked to work in a way that if they - the offender, said - that bobbie was decent and respected me and was not a total twat and I have learnt from that incident and wont do it again - that was a success.

Some - would never learn and would not listen to any advice etc - so they had to be dealt with by way of fixed penalty, court summons and or arrested.

But again - how that was done was also up to them. I tried to think that I dealt with them was I would like to be dealt with myself if tables turned.

But - If they didn't want to take it - I gave them the option of the easy way or the hard way - Some took the hard way...… It was always them against us and we would normally win.

Yes - a very tough job and very rewarding in most incidents - but you get to see the worst of people in all shapes and how much a person can be deprived. Got followed home by a shit one night.... so he had the severe warning... (my family/home is sacred and out of bounds).

I always felt sorry for the true victims - incident kid who got his face slashed on a bus as he was listening to music as the offender was drunk/drugged up. People beaten up by others for no reason. Elderly folks who got robbed/burgled got life savings stolen by fraud etc. Small kids at the hand of perverts. Parents who had to be told that their kids had been killed (by accident or worse).

Many a time - I cried for them.

Many a time - I felt very contented as they had a good sentence and did not see the light of day for many a year.

Was actually the only Officer in the Force to get a lady banned from driving for Life. After 14 years - she appealed to get her licence back and I relented as she had changed and had rehab and was no longer on the drugs. She sent me a thank you note.

Many stories to tell..... and NO I wont be writing a book about them...… I cant recall them all. I looked before I left - over 470 odd arrests - 90% to Court/fined/ticketed etc.. And some 400 case files for motoring offences separate to the above.
    Gene Simmons - Kiss