Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Perfetto.....Wizardry?

Due to one thing or another I haven't been out on the bike for a couple of weeks so despite a (small) dusting of snow I decided to go out on the Trans-Pennine Trail on the CX for an hour.It was -3 according to the car when I dropped the lad off at school so Bib-longs,LS baselayer and the Castelli Perfetto seemed appropriate.I took a Gillet too for just in case.
    I turned back about 7 miles in due to a mini-blizzard but cannot believe how warm the Perfetto isI could have gotten away with a SS baselayer even in the Wind-chill.Not a cheap Jersey by an means but worth every penny.I really don't know how something so thin can be as warm as this!
    On the other end of the spectrum the £5.99 Crane Neoprene gloves from Aldi as tested here http://forums.roadcyclinguk.com/show...MWx9y6QD8l6.97 were also up to the weather
    I should have worn overshoes though as despite only doing about 14-15 miles my toes were starting to feel cold
    Last edited by ibbo68; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:41 AM.

I have a Castelli windstopper winter jacket, astonishingly toasty. Castelli make some great stuff, for sensible money IMHO.

I would love to go for a spin on my MTB... loads of snow here (by wussy southern standards).
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    Maybe I should think about one of these for the Autumn/Spring commutes where I take half my bloody clobber to try and match the cold morning and warmer afternoon legs.
    Last edited by The return of Marty Wild; 2 Weeks Ago at 1:31 PM.
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Well impressed Marty!
    The jersey feels paper-thin and you'd expect it to be OK on cool Summer days but it is incredibly warm
    It states waterproof too but I'd still take a Gillet if rain was threatened just as an extra precaution.

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    This is the garment CB rattles on about is it not?!
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    This is the garment CB rattles on about is it not?!
    IIRC he has the Gabba which was re-named the Perfetto.Barring a few minor tweaks they're basically the same I think.
    *Edit*
    Just read my other thread and CB does have the Perfetto.
    Last edited by ibbo68; 2 Weeks Ago at 2:03 PM.

[QUOTE=ibbo68;443793
    Just read my other thread and CB does have the Perfetto.[/QUOTE]Indeed he does but I would be frozen if I went out in it in current conditions without a base layer and a thermal layer and even a gilet to start. I wear a micro-fleece lined jacket for this weather, you obviously run more warm blooded than me Ibbo.

That said I've fracture my collar bone again skiing 2 weeks ago so I'm of the bike for a while.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.

You need to stop skiing it's bad for you!

Senior Member VLAD (the Friendly Vamp)'s Avatar
    Flying through your bedroom window at night time
    Quote Originally Posted by coolboarder View Post
    That said I've fracture my collar bone again skiing 2 weeks ago so I'm of the bike for a while.
    Bloody Idiot - isn't that EVERY YEAR ????
    "Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself."
    Gene Simmons - Kiss

God - why am I so great !!!

Quote Originally Posted by VLAD (the Friendly Vamp) View Post
    Bloody Idiot - isn't that EVERY YEAR ????
    Well this time it was not my fault - a snowboarder took me out. I did manage to ski for another 3 days before I decided it wan't sensible and didn't fall over again for all that time. It is very frustrating as I'd only just had the plate taken out of the collar bone from when I broke it when I was hit by a car cycling in August 2016! I'm still negotiating compensation for that. Given my current immobility and major problems at work all building up on me it is the perfect storm and I'm feeling rather depressed.
    It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, its how times many you get back up that count.