Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The return of Marty Wild View Post
    Is that right, I have some of those speakers too. Does he want to help me get it all set-up?
    What vintage is your Dad's Quad gear... Can you recall the model numbers? Its a wonderful sounding rig... need a big room though for the speakers as they are not exactly compact!
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    Great choice! I would love a LP again. Should be good with the Princeton.

That said Iíve become increasingly impressed with modelling amps and systems. Valve amps are all very well but generally impractical, heavy and too loud!
    Agreed. When I still had a guitar I was considering getting Mesa Boogie Mark V (sounded so great at my mate's) but then decided that it's impractical and I'll never actually use it to fully appreciate it so I dropped the idea.... and soon after sold my guitars

Now, after quite a few years, I'm considering getting one again but this time it'll probably just be a classical one.

I have a Mesa 5:50. Its an absolute beast, though switchable from 50 to 5 watts which is OK and still very loud! Were I starting buying decent gear now, I would buy a Line 6 Helix or a Fractal AX8 and a power amp cabinet.

You could do a lot worse than a nice classical guitar, or a nice steel string acoustic. I have a Baby Taylor which is brilliant for carting about, or sitting on the sofa and driving my wife mad by noodling on it when she is trying to watch Silent Witness.
    "If you act like you know what you are doing, you can do anything you want- except neurosurgery"- Sharon Stone

Senior Member The return of Marty Wild's Avatar
    I’ll enail you, it’s the Quad 22 or something...
    "Iím glad you asked me twice, you see I am a bilingual, Iím a bilingual illiterateÖ I canít read in two languages."

Quote Originally Posted by PRSboy View Post
    Were I starting buying decent gear now, I would buy a Line 6 Helix or a Fractal AX8 and a power amp cabinet.
    Or Fractal Axe FX 3 I also heard that Kemper is great (but more affordable).

Quote Originally Posted by portia View Post
    Or Fractal Axe FX 3 I also heard that Kemper is great (but more affordable).
    Yes, indeed! I have a lowly Fender GDEC30 I use for practice which is surprisingly good and its fun setting up the presets with amp, cab and FX.

I've got a ukulele .....for real

Quote Originally Posted by Boxhilljunkie View Post
    I've got a ukulele .....for real
    Is that you playing for Vladders?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAqLF7A5D08

That IS exactly what I sound like ......to me....
    my wife said if I play that fucking thing again...I'll be wearing it
    i told her if she keeps that kind of talk up....she will NOT be getting a special song for Valentine's Day.....with my trusty ukulele

i do one for Vamps instead

Boxxy, are you going to jump on the Hell of the Ashdown ride this Sunday?
    https://ridewithgps.com/routes/26366083